Monday, May 24, 2010

Safari and the Spinning Wheel of Pain... pt.2

At this point, power off your DSL or cable modem for 1 minute. Also power off your router if using one. Now power everything back on and check eBay or Yahoo.

As a note, sites can get overcrowded with visitors so try another site before blaming your computer or service. Another good tip is to reboot your modem at least every two weeks. Your IPS provider probably does small upgrades to services and fixes which can’t be realized by your connected computers until the modem is rebooted on your end. If you have continued slow downs call your provider for a line test.

4 comments:

  1. Is there anyway to install an older version of iMovie on a new Mac? I have a Mac Book with iMovie version 8.0.5 but I want to have version 6.0.3 in order to be able to go back and forth with my older Mac. Is this possible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning! I just saw your column in Neighbors. I have an old Powerbook G4. What can I do to increase its wireless capability?
    I can get into the Internet, but it's slow. Should I get Extreme Airport attachment, or other attachments?
    Thanks.
    Sonny in Storrs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just move the version of iMovie to a new folder before you install the other version. It's tricky but you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regarding the Wifi; I need more info to go on. You may need an Access Point added.

    ReplyDelete